The World Health Organization has raised its tally of confirmed human cases of swine flu to 7,520 in 34 countries
- The United States has reported 4,298 laboratory-confirmed cases, including three deaths.
- Mexico has 2,446 cases and 60 deaths.
- Canada has 449 cases, with one death.
- Costa Rica has eight cases and one death.
- Spain has 100 cases, Britain 71 and Panama 40.
- Belgium became the latest country to report a case to WHO Friday.
A press conference with details of the two new cases will follow later this afternoon.
Belgium has, like other European Union countries, developed a plan to handle a mass outbreak of the disease and has already launched a widespread information campaign at airports to alert returning travellers about the virus. Authorities say they have enough stockpiles of antiviral medicines to cover a third of Belgium's population of 10 million inhabitants. Belgium is the 34th country where the disease has been diagnosed, according to AP news agency.