Three wins in a row for Malinwa

A 1-0 home win against newly-promoted SK Lierse means that KV Mechelen are now the only First Division team to have taken maximum points from the first three games of the 2010-11 season. Elsewhere Sporting Anderlecht enjoyed a comfortable 4-0 win at home against Germinal Beerschot; AA Gent beat Eupen 2-1, while KV Kortrijk beat Sint-Truiden 2-0. The match between Standard de Liège and Sporting Lokeren ended 3-3 and Westerlo v Zulte Waregem ended one all.

A Yoni Buyens goal on 63 minutes was enough to give KV Mechelen victory over near-neighbours SK Lierse.

The win sees KV Mechelen top the First Division with nine points from three games.

SK Lierse still hasn’t taken a single point since returning to the top flight.

Anderlecht walks it

Sporting Anderlecht’s game against Germinal Beerschot was nothing short of a walk in the park for the Champions.

Anderlecht took the lead on four minutes through Mbark Boussoufa.

Disaster struck for Germinal Beerschot four minutes later when their goalkeeper Tomislav Pacovski was stretchered off with a broken ankle.

Then nothing much happen until Matias Suarez put Anderlecht two up on 69 minutes.

Tom De Sutter made it 3-0 to Sporting just two minutes later.

Jan Polak put the final nail in Germinal Beerschot’s coffin ten minutes from time.

Anderlecht has seven points from three games, while Germinal Beerschot has just one point.

Buffaloes beat the Pandas

AA Gent enjoyed their first win of the season on Saturday with a 2-1 victory at home against KAS Eupen.

However, the win was anything but a walkover.

Eupen took the lead on 24 minutes through Matthias Lepiller (photo).

They remained ahead until Elimane Couilibaly made it 1-1 on 56 minutes.

Gent’s winning goal was in fact an own goal scored by the Eupen defender Fazil Kocabas eight minutes from time.

AA Gent has four points from three games.

KAS Eupen has failed to take a single point so far this season.

A six-goal thriller

Three goals in three minutes saved Standard the embarrassment of a home defeat at the hands of Sporting Lokeren on Saturday evening.

Koen Persoons put Lokeren one up in the first half.

Nil De Pauw made it 2-0 to the visitors on 52 minutes.

However, a Steven Defour (photo) goal on 68 minutes followed by two Mehdi Carcela goals on 70 and 71 minutes saw Standard turn the game around.

The Liège club seemed to be heading for victory.

However, an 88th minute equaliser by Lokeren's Tshimanga made for a final score of 3-3.

Kortrijk continues strong start

KV Kortrijk has continued its strong start to the season with a 2-0 win a home against Sint-Truiden.

Rossini and Pavlovic were Kortrijk’s goal-scorers.

An 89th minute equaliser by Jeremy Bokila saw Zulte Waregem salvage a point from their trip to Westerlo.

The home side had taken the lead on 46 minutes from a Steven De Petter penalty.