Almost no trains at all are running in Wallonia and this has consequences for services in Flanders.
Train services that start in Wallonia but pass through Flanders too are particularly badly hit, while other services remain relatively unaffected.
Situation at 8am
• Route Leuven-Brussels: 75% running
• Route Ghent-Brussels: 90% running
• Route Brussels-Antwerp: 10% running
• Route Ghent-Antwerp: 95% running
• Route Leuven-Hasselt: 90% running
• Route Herentals-Aarschot: 90% running
• Route Essen-Antwerp: 60% running
• Route Dendermonde-Brussels: 60% running
• Route Kortrijk via Oudenaarde-Brussel: 90% running
• Route Kortrijk-Gent: 90% running
• No services are running between Tournai, Halle, Mons and Brussels or between Charleroi and Brussels, Arlon and Namur and on the route that links Liége, Namur and Charleroi.
Passengers should be aware that the disruption is likely to carry on for the rest of the day.
The rail company NMBS advises passengers to check its website and social media for the very latest information. However, as the NMBS’ website and app are being used much more than normal those using them are asked to be patient.