In addition to Mr Peeters’ appointment as head of list for the European elections, the party also announced the names of most of the heads of list for the elections to the federal, Flemish and Brussels parliaments.
It had been rumoured for some time but now it has been confirmed. The former Flemish Prime Minister and current Federal Deputy Prime Minister Kris Peeters will head his party’s list for the European elections next May.
The European elections will fall on the same day as the elections to the federal and regional parliaments on 26 May 2019.
Flemish, federal and Brussels lists
· The leader of the Flemish Christian democrats Wouter Beke will head the party’s list for the Federal Parliament in Limburg province. Lode Ceyssens will be the first candidate on the party’s list for the Flemish Parliament in Limburg.
· The Justice Minister Koen Geens will be head of the Federal Parliament list in Flemish Brabant. Peter Van Rompuy will head the party’s list for the Flemish Parliament in the province.
· Hendrik Bogaert will head the Christian democrats’ Federal Parliament list in West Flanders. The first candidate on the party’s list for the Flemish Parliament is the current Flemish Education Minister Hilde Crevits.
· In East Flanders there is no word on who will head the Federal list. The Flemish list will be headed by the current Flemish Environment Minister Joke Schauvliege.
· The is still no word on who will head the party’s lists in Antwerp Province.
· The party’s list for the Brussels regional assembly will be headed by Bianca Debaets.