Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Covid-19: 136 new infections, a further 19 deaths

The National Crisis Centre has released the latest figures on the COVID-19 pandemic in Belgium. The number of COVID-19 patients that are being cared for in Belgian hospitals continues to fall. However, a considerable number of new infections are still being recorded. 

·        During the past 24 hours 136 people tested positive for COVID-19. This brings the total number of those that have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Belgium so far to 58,517.

·        Currently 807 people are being treated for COVID-19 in Belgian hospitals. This is 14 fewer than was the case on Sunday. During the past 24 hours 25 paints were admitted to hospital with COVID-19, 32 patients were discharged.

·        Of those currently in hospital, 163 COVID-19 patients are being treated on intensive care wards. This is 5 fewer than was the case a day ago.

·        A further 19 people died of COVID-19 during the past 24 hours. This brings the total number of deaths from the virus in Belgium to 9,486.

Of those that have died 48% did so in hospital, 51% at a care home 0.3% in their own home and 0.5% elsewhere. 25% of the deaths reported in care homes were confirmed to have been from COVID-19. The remaining 75% were “probable” COVID-19 deaths.

Top stories